UNEASYsilence has just worked out a way to change icons on iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch). It’s simple, works on both Mac and PC, and best of all, you don’t have to jailbreak your device to get it to work.
Here’s how it works on an iPhone 4:
- Install iPhone Explorer (free, Mac/PC).
- Plug in your iPhone and launch iPhone Explorer.
- Navigate to “phone name/Apps/appname/appname.app,” replacing the italicized values with your own, of course.
- Backup the “email@example.com” file you find there by dragging it to a directory of your choice in Finder.
- Name your replacement icon (which must be a .PNG file, size 114×114, 72 PPI with no transparency and no layers) “firstname.lastname@example.org” (case-sensitive).
- Drag your replacement to that folder in iPhone Explorer, delete the original file, and manually power down and power back up your iPhone.
For users who have iPhone 3G or 3GS, instead of looking for and replacing filename “email@example.com,” you’ll be working with “icon.png” and your replacement should be 57×57, not 114×114.
If your Device is already Jailbreaked then follow this Video.